brilliant! and our local partner English Language Homestays offer you the unmissable opportunity to attend high school in Cape Town, where you can choose from our carefully selected quality public and private schools, with the freedom and flexibility to stay from just one month to one full academic year.
Our welcoming and caring host families all live in safe residential areas just outside the city; they will do everything they can to help make you feel at home. You will be monitored by our local coordinators, the direct contact people between your parents, host families and the school. Each and every student is assigned a buddy for the first few weeks to make sure they settle in well at school.
In the magnificent setting close to your new home and school, you’ll be able able to participate in activities like horse riding, surfing, kite surfing, kayaking and rugby just to name a few. All of this while improving your English significantly!
All this from €900 per month all inclusive
Why Cape Town?
- It is a culturally diverse city with main spoken languages English, Afrikaans and Xhosa.
- Cape Town is well known as one the most beautiful cities in the world.
- South Africans are very welcoming and friendly people.
- The climate is mild all year round.
- Infrastructure and safety for visitors is world class.
- It offers excellent value for money, being far more affordable than similar destinations.
- There are literally hundreds of activities and places to choose from in and around the city.
During your stay you have to the choice to volunteer and make your contribution in safety in local communities close to where you live. Here are some ways you can make a difference:
- Township volunteering: help out at the creche, Maths and English tutoring at primary school, coaching football, painting & decorating, horticulture.
- The women and children’s rescue centre helps destitute or abused women and children to get back on their feet.
- Helping at Kayak and Shark Warrior Centre: come in contact with penguins, whales, sharks and seals while volunteering at the centre.
- Tears volunteering: taking care of mistreated or abandoned domestic animals.
If you’re in Cape Town over the South African school holidays, you’ll have the chance for adventure outside the city with your classmates.
Cape Canopy Tour
lets you glide though the air along a cable in speed and safety in the spectacular Hottentots Holland Nature Reserve; under one hour outside Cape Town. Zip line between mountains over dramatic valleys and waterfalls down below.
Addo Elephant National Park
is the only place in the world where you can come in contact with the Big 7: Rhino, Elephant, Leopard, Lion, Buffalo, Shark and Whale! There is no greater safari experience.
Cederberg & Orange River Canoe
you’ll get to see 6000 year old Bushman Rock Art paintings, canoe along the great Orange River by day and gaze at the milky way by the campfire at night.